Wednesday, April 1, 2009

#57

Exercise
Write a blog post about text messaging. Include the following in your post:

Have you ever sent a text message?
Yes, infrequently I send text messages. When I changed phones the process was somewhat different and I stopped. Having teenagers gave me incentive to message with text.

If you haven't, be sure to watch the video and read through the basics of sending a text message. Using this information, do you think you could send a message in an emergency?
Yes

If you have, was it only in an emergency or are you a regular texter?
Do you use text lingo?
One reason I do not text regularly is that I don't know the short cuts and it takes me 4ever.
Did Lingo 2 Word help? I might try texting again if I can master the language! It is still the method my kids prefer.
Finally, what are your thoughts on the texting and driving after reading the New York Times article? I admit to talking on the phone while driving, but that is distracting enough and I shouldn't do that. Texting while driving is a real bad idea. I believe fines for text messaging would be reasonable.

No comments: